Rimming – Cheeks. Nibble. Savour.
If you would compare the lovers of oral-sex with the Romans, rimming fans would be the Gaul from Asterix – opposing all those prejudging, uptight fun-killers and doubters! Nowadays, where „normal“ anal-sex has not yet made it into the spheres of being a presentable sexual practice freed from taboos (but luckily getting more popular every day), rimming still has a long way to go. Alas – as it is insanely sensual, somehow wicked and incredibly intense.
We FAQ you hard: Does rimming smell or taste strange? How to do it anyways? Which position brings the most fun? Which risks are there and how do you avoid them? All these questions are answered with this article.
Therefore, forget everything, nasty tongues might have told you and start licking!!
What is Rimming?Rimming is an oral sex practice at which anus (external sphincter + perineum) and the whole butt are caressed by the mouth: kissing, nibbling, licking up to penetration with the tongue.
Preparation, Cleanliness and Hygiene with Rimming
Hygiene is not only the most important issue when it comes to anilingus, but probably the most inhibitory. It would be best if everything looked spotless from the start on … but it is not only about first concerns – even potential risks and disgust can be avoided almost completely if you follow our tips and tricks
- Dental dams not only help make it easier getting face to face with the unknown regions, but also protect from communicable diseases – and eventually occurring anal surprises. Especially, when you’re on the go, having a quickie and no washing possibilities, they’re perfect. They are available in latex and other – anti-allergic – fabrics.
- Cleanliness makes getting started easier. Taking a shower or a bath together not only helps the excitement grow but will chase away the hygiene concerns inside your head. The cleaner you are, the dirtier your games can become.
BUT: Rimming does work “dirty” as well. A lot of people are especially excited by their partner’s intense and “unwashed” odour.
- Hydrotherapy of the colon or enemas are not necessary. But if you feel better, then do so. No harm done by it.
- Anal bleaching and waxing – this depends totally on your aesthetic preferences. As it could be painful, maybe you should first try without it – or have it done professionally.
- Talking before you do rimming is often underestimated. Speak freely and honestly about your preferences and try things together. If you don’t manage to verbalise it, use other lip-techniques and body language. By kissing and touching you can include the butt more and more into your normal sexuality. Do that a bit more every time and see how your partner reacts to it.
Normally there are no unpleasant smells or tastes during rimming – that is, if you are freshly washed and the receiver does not feel the urge to use the toilet.
You know how your partner smells and tastes - you probably have kissed and smelled all other parts of his or her body and you know that every individual has an odour of its own. With appropriate hygiene there should not be any strange or unpleasant aromas in the butt area, as well.
Und if you like it “dirty” you get worked on not washed bottoms (including a higher risk for germs and bacteria!).
Rimming as Foreplay
Licking the anus can be the highlight of a quickie in the shower or the intense foreplay to anal sex (->link article anal sex). Rimming is perfect to loosen up the very strong and sometimes very tight sphincter and to put it into a shivering anticipation for the penis or a toy. The endless and very sensitive nerve endings around the anus will gratefully accept the tongue’s soft play – and donor and receiver will work themselves into heat as the sphincter relaxes more and more.
Adding butt plugs, anal-dildos and other toys to the game will allow the tongue to relax in between – and is simply great fun. E-stim toys with electrical stimulation can make this foreplay-duo even more exciting and tingly. At that, passionately metered stimulation current gets directly onto the erogenous zones through baffels on the toys. The intensity and the rhythm of those pulses can be varied and used in a very imaginatively way.
Whether tongue and e-stim on the anus – or anal tongue games while you use e-stim toys for penis or vagina: It is a worth a try!
Popular rimming positions
Basically, every position works where you have easy access to butt and anus. Rimming is totally fun while laying, sitting and standing.
With the following anilingus-friendly positions you can get easily get started with your first rim-job:
- Doggy style: – your butt is up in the air, your legs are angled. It’s perfect
- Face sitting – the receiver sits on the donor’s face (kneels with spread legs over the head), the donor lies relaxed on his back
- 69 – the oral sex classic for pleasing each other
Rimming and BDSM
Arse licking was already in the medieval a popular way for torture and was often used to humiliate villains. Nowadays it has lost this mean, medieval taste, but can still be wonderfully used for sexual humiliation of submissive partners.
Within the BDSM scene rimming is a classic practice, connecting foreplay, lust and punishment in a perfect way. Gadgets like smother boxes, in which you hold the donor’s head tight in a wooden box with just an opening for the receiver’s ass, can lift anilingus onto a whole new lick-level.
Ass to Mouth & Felching
An even more intensive fetish – which can be part of BDSM but can also be found in „normal bedrooms – is Ass-to-Mouth. With that the receiver takes the penis (the finger or the toy) into the mouth right after anal sex. This is why Ass-to-Mouth is called indirect rimming.
At felching the donor (or a third party) licks and slurps the sperm after ejaculating directly from the receiver’s anus.
Felching Enthusiast like to vary and experiment with other – for example tasty eat- and drinkable - fluids and even with straws. Of course, not only anally but also vaginally.
Avoiding health risksNo matter how hot rimming can be there are some risks. The butt is generally known as an area where germs and bacteria are more likely to be found than elsewhere.
- The most important basic rule is: Both partners have to be healthy! A compromised immune system reacts very quickly to germs and bacteria – and/or transmits these over the intestine very quickly to the licking party
- Having no diseases and/ or smaller wounds around the anus (like from wild anal sex) is very important, because through oral sex severe diseases as chlamydia, hepatitis A and B, fungi, syphilis and even HIV can transmit.
Be honest with each other in terms of your health, pay attention to cleanliness and hygiene, have no fear of dental dams when doing one-night-stands - and then enjoy every second all the more intense.